Tuesday, March 26, 2013

Technology and the Church


With the development of technology, people have harnessed its power in different aspects of their lives. Computers, cell phones, and the internet have changed the way we learn, think, and share our beliefs. The leaders of the Church of Jesus Christ of Latter-day Saints have felt the influence of technology in the lives of members of the Church. The church uses technology to manage member records, assets, and finance etc. We now have easier ways to search and find past talks from conferences given by Church leaders. Similarly, there are online versions of scriptures that aid us in researching topics efficiently when we ourselves are preparing to give talks. The Church has emphasized that although technology is not inherently good or evil, it can be used to further good or evil purposes. It is our job as members of the Church to use the technology to share the Gospel and fulfill Lord's purpose.

1 comment:

  1. I agree! I subscribe Mormon channel on my smart phone, and I watch a touch video clip every day to uplift my spirit. I'm so grateful for such wonderful technology we have.

    ReplyDelete