Tuesday, April 9, 2013

General Conference Twitter experience

I actively participated in the tweeting experience during the first session of the General Conference on Saturday (04/06). I have mixed feelings about the experience. There were times when I thought I would rather have just listened to the speaker and paid more attention. Other times I felt I got more with the tweets I was following than I would have otherwise. There were several re-tweets that were unnecessary and distracting as they didn't add any personal thoughts or insights to what was already said. I later learned a way to turn off the re-tweets from showing up in the feeds which made the experience a tardy bit better. But there were still a lot of unnecessary redundant tweets. The flow of the tweets was so rapid that I couldn't keep up with reading all the tweets. But I would still say that the overall experience was fun. I have used twitter for a while now but this experience was unique and educational in many ways.

No comments:

Post a Comment